Friday, March 7, 2008

Chances

Such a complex word this "chance", several meanings with even more interpretations, I guess this will be one.
A chance or opportunity, everybody has heard of second chances. I am all for second chances, in theory I am up for infinity chances, but at the cost of chance it self. Chance or probability, of you getting another opportunity decreases every time you miss a chance. For those who understand mathematics this is a simple rule of conditional probability, meaning if an event is influenced by another you multiply the chances resulting in a huge decrease in a good outcome.
Chance or luck, this plays a key part in the chances or opportunities you get, after all the definition of luck is when it goes against all odds and you still get it, there is always a chance depending on how much chance you have to compensate for your chance to get it, or there is always a possibility depending on how much luck you have to compensate for your odds to get it.

This said, I do believe in second chances and in theory more than that, but I understand the practicality of it, thus I verify very few times where more than two chances where given, in my life that is...

Even when you want to give it another chance the numbers bear a huge weight and there are just so many times you can ignore them...

And a song to think about...



Time to pass you to the test
Hanging on my lover's breath
Always coming second best
Pictures of my lover's chest
Get through this night
There are no second chances
This time I might
To ask the sea for answers

Always falling to the floor
Softer than it was before
Dog boy - media whore
It's who the hell you take me for

Give up this fight, there are no second chances

This time I might
To ask the sea for answers
These bonds are shackle free
Wrapped in lust and lunacy
Tiny touch of jealousy
These bonds are shackle free


Get through this night
There are no second chances
This time I might
To ask the sea for answers

This time I might
To ask the sea for answers
These bonds are shackle free
Wrapped in lust and lunacy
Tiny touch of jealousy
These bonds are shackle free

Get through this night
There are no second chances
This time I might
To ask the sea for answers
These bonds are shackle free
These bonds are shackle free
These bonds are shackle free
These bonds are shackle free

Get through this, there are no second chances
This time, To ask the sea for answers

No comments: