Well today a very geeky post and irrelevant for most of you, but I didn't find a quick fully description for this online, and it was a while since the last time I set this up. So as you would expect you tend to forget some steps, so here goes mine minus the use of google :P.
1. Have Netbeans installed, I think that is pretty straightforward so I am skipping the details.
2. Download JADE, just the minimum if you want, but I recommend all of the packages because if you are going to use JADE you will probably end up using them.
3. Extract the files into a folder, if you have all of the packages I suggest different folders.
4. Run Netbeans, create a project, etc. Again this is quite straightforward and if you are using JADE in Netbeans you should have basic knowledge of the tool.
5. Right click on Libraries, Add Library.
6. Create Library.
7. I would suggest the name to be JADE
8. Add the .jar files contained in the "bin" folder that you created (In the minimum JADE package you only have this folder), the files should be the folder you created + "/jade/lib/".
9. Right click on your project, Set Configuration, Customize...
10. Write on the main class "jade.Boot", and on arguments "-gui".
Now if you run the program it will launch the GUI that allows you to run agents.
Hope this is clear I could have used some screen shots, but I think this is quite straightforward, or at least I hope. In the unlikely event of a blog reader using these steps and have some questions, please fell free to leave a comment, and I'll get back to you.