Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A life update...

A life update... Sounds like something boring, well hopefully it is not, it is because I want to talk about several different topics and I couldn't find a better title.
I'll start with my lecture, just gave it, it went well, at least from my point of view (the students might disagree :P). I tried to make it interactive, not just tell them things, I asked questions even though I got little feedback, but I did get some which I liked. At one point I was just chatting with them about things that I didn't include in the slides, just to give them different perspectives and I got at least some of them to think about things (or so it seemed). The material was not enough for a 2 hours lecture, either that or I gave it too fast, but considering I added a lot to the original material I got for the lecture I assume it is the material :P. I finished roughly after an hour, then took some of the students to the lab (the ones who where interested, so half :P) to see some of the things that I spoke about, namely a nano precision assembly platform we have there. All in all I got good feedback, and I actually like the talk style lecture, getting them to tell me stuff instead of me just stating stuff. Always wanted to try this style of lecture, I did not do it completely this time, but I tried it at certain times of this lecture, and I honestly think it is the best way to teach. I might post something latter on this class, I am finding out that work related posts attract some visitors, which means people are in need for posts about what I do.
On a completely different level, on Sunday I managed to speak with an old friend, the one I've talk about before, the one I tried to get in contact with after the MSN adding thing. Well, is answer to the email is not negative, meaning he does want to talk to me about stuff and try to figure things out, but it is hard to do so. Time is a weird thing, this is the person I was closest to 5 years ago, but time produces a awkwardness, I know so little of who he is now, and the same is true. I have come a long way since those days, I got to think about it because of this realization, in so many ways I am different and so many ways the same, makes you wonder what time does to you. Well, on this case not sure of anything, but I would like to try and go beyond breaking the ice, as he put it, the ice is broken but that is really nothing on the scale of things, a first step is an important step, but at the end of the day it is just one of many, or few, the question is how many steps in one direction you take. On a personal note, I liked talking to him, despite of the amount of things that are still unsaid, well it seemed natural in a very awkward way, if that makes sense. Also I found out that my friends surprise over Christmas (Which I will post here as soon as I get the video in this computer) was supposed to involve this old friend of mine, one of the ribbons was intended for him. One of the organizers of the suprise told me this, and said it seemed natural since he was a big part of your life when you where at university. This make me think of how that was true, but in the end, he didn't write it, thus he didn't took part of the surprise, which is a shame and makes me think that the current status quo is really not appropriate. Sorry this part of the post is probably understood by people that know the matter.
Another matter is the house, still haven't move in, still waiting on the process, bahhh. So basically everything is OK with the application, credit checks are fine, so what is taking time? Well the house was missing a sofa and a table with some chairs, so the agency said that would be put in, which is fine, but apparently the landlord is taking is time to do this. How thick can this person be, I mean we will pay a first rent and deposit as soon as we get the contract, so he takes his time and loses money because... Well I also don't get it, but it does piss me off, like I said before. I really want to move so I can settle down, and be able to decide things, I want to be able to plan holidays, work, weekends off, etc, and this is in the way, like something that has to be done before. Really just annoying.
Valentines day, this is one of those days that I consider to be a private day, but still worth mentioning. It was awesome, my girlfriend is awesome, so just putting that for the record :P.
Much more to mention, just got a very interesting mail about something I wrote in the past, that might be a good post, if I get around to translate it :P. I will try ;).
Setting up ubuntu, was also fun, and you can expect a post on that. It looks quite nice now.
Agent posts are to be expected, and the robot actuators post, so some posts about work.
Also I want to start posting on social considerations, I have been a bit away from the social scene, this is bound to change ;).
Pretty much it for this post, hopefully I will post more frequently and thus have more dedicated posts that allow me to write more about things ;P.
Lastly a brilliant song, in a brilliant album, but I have to put in enjoy the magic lyrics, and sound...



Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost
Doesn't mean I'll stop
Doesn't mean I would cross

Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
Doesn't mean I didn't get
What I deserved
No better and no worse

I just got lost
Every river that I tried to cross
Every door I ever tried was locked
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'Cause a lonely con
A bigger one

And you'll be lost
Every river that you tried to cross
Every gun you ever held went off
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting until the firing stopped
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

Ohhh and I...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off
Ohhh and I..
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

No comments: