Friday, February 20, 2009

Perpetual associative movement (Movimento Perpétuo Associativo)

I was told there was a very good band with a Fado style, but I just checked it out during this week. This is a awesome song that captures the inertia concept for staying still. IN fact one might say that whole nations have this behaviour. I like the contradiction in the song, it is just so true ;). I translated it but it really doesn't give it justice, so if you are not Portuguese you will just have an idea of what it is ;)



Agora sim, damos a volta a isto!
Agora sim, há pernas para andar!
Agora sim, eu sinto o optimismo!
Vamos em frente, ninguém nos vai parar!
Yes now, we'll turn this around!
Yes now, we have the legs to walk!
Yes now, I feel the optimism!
Let's move forward, nobody will stop us!

-Agora não, que é hora do almoço...
-Agora não, que é hora do jantar...
-Agora não, que eu acho que não posso...
-Amanhã vou trabalhar...
Not now, it is lunch time...
Not now, it is dinner time...
Not now, that I think I cannot...
Tomorrow I'll go to work...

Agora sim, temos a força toda!
Agora sim, há fé neste querer!
Agora sim, só vejo gente boa!
Vamos em frente e havemos de vencer!

Yes now, we have all the strength!
Yes now, there is faith in this belief!
Yes now, I only see good people!
Let's move forward and we shall win!

-Agora não, que me dói a barriga...
-Agora não, dizem que vai chover...
-Agora não, que joga o Benfica...
e eu tenho mais que fazer...

Not now, that my belly hurts...
Not now, people are saying it is going to rain...
Not now, that Benfica is playing.
And I have other stuff to do...

Agora sim, cantamos com vontade!
Agora sim, eu sinto a união!
Agora sim, já ouço a liberdade!
Vamos em frente, e é esta a direcção!

Yes now, we sing with will/feeling!
Yes now, I feel the union!
Yes now, I can hear the freedom!
Let's move forward, because this is the direction!

-Agora não, que falta um impresso...
-Agora não, que o meu pai não quer...
-Agora não, que há engarrafamentos...
-Vão sem mim, que eu vou lá ter...

Not now, a form is missing...
Not now, my farther doesn't want to...
Not now, because there are traffic jams...
Go ahead without me, I'll meet you there...

No comments: