Sunday, July 6, 2008

The power of words...

So today I am asking the power of words, the strength of a sound, the impact of a whisper. I would like not to give my view on this, but I would like others to take part in this, how to call it, train of thought? I am a compulsive user of words, and a abuser of its effects, a master of playing them in the right way, or so I think, or so you think, or even know. Regardless this is not about me, but about the power of words, its effect, I mean is it legitimate to use words to serve us? Or are we bound by a moral conduct of their understanding? The question is morals rely on words for foundation, so morality can be tweak at its base, leaving us with freedom do argue as we please. But should we? What is the point of doing it just because you can, honestly I can't believe I just said this, I do some things just because I can, or to show that I can, or maybe that is just a way to pretend that I don't care.
Funny that after a day of abusing the concept of playing with words, concepts, ideas, I would wonder about this, considering I didn't really care throughout the day, honestly I still don't, but I was thinking of others, should they get into the equation? Or should I take the survivor of the fittest approach? How much should we protect those who can't protect themselves and for which you have no particular affection?
LOL, I just realised, you quiet readers do not intervene in the blog enough for this type of post ;P ohh well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like we have the same interests when it comes to the spoken or written word. You might just like my newly created blog then.

Pedro Ferreira said...

I might after you provide me with the adress :P