Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Remember, Remember...

...the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...



It seems a nice way to start the post of congratulations to all the US citizens for their new President Elect, I congratulate specially the American youth which demonstrated that age is not crucial for having political views, stands, etc.
It is always been something that trouble me, the fact that the younger generations do not care in masses, basically you find the one or two odd people that look into politics, that have passionate views and so on, but the masses stand clear of it. People do have an opinion, don't get me wrong, but they don't seem to bother enough about it. As such this turnout on the American election is even more impressive, I just hope it goes beyond the US.
Well the 5th is a good date for the post election, Guy Fawkes day here in the UK, bound fire day. What is this? Well people gather at night around a huge fire, and just hang around there and watch fireworks. It is simply a symbolic day, not even a bank holiday, the symbol? Well I leave you with a nice speech from V for Vendetta which is self explanatory...



I do think this 5th of November will not be forgot ;)...

No comments: