Monday, November 17, 2008

Is there such thing as trivial tasks?

This is the sort of question that you ask on the days you have a lot of trivial things to do, and as such you think it won't take much of your time, after all they are trivial... And suddenly it is the end of the day and you did nothing besides the trivial things you had planed for the day. Maybe this only happens to me, but today I came with a big working mood, at the end of the day I have all the trivial things done, which kind feels too little. But the fact of the matter is, didn't surf the web, read the news only once, and the day is gone. I gave my classes, prepared them before hand obviously, had lunch and went to the bank, reply to some emails, fill in my Sweden expenses claims, did my moms coursework and now doing my post. Seriously I don't get where the time went...
Tasks are trivial, but that doesn't make the time pass in a trivial manner does it? Time is that constant that passes regardless of you, but it is such a pain in the ass that sometimes it gives you the perception that it passes faster and slower. When things are good, we have the perception of time flying by (like today, good working mood), when thing are shit, well time lags... I don't know maybe it is just me needing to complain today...
To answer the question, there are trivial tasks but their are bound by the same time constraints as the regular tasks (I don't want to go into complex ones ;P).

No comments: