Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lack of motivation...

Today I want to ask a question, and hopefully by the end of the text I will produce an answer, if not please help ;P. How do we deal with the lack of motivation? The type of feeling that overwhelms us making it impossible to act? The feeling when we know we can do it, we see what needs to be done and how, and yet the power of this feeling prevents us of acting.
Motivation is a tricky feeling, but to understand it let's look at the definition of the word:
1. the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior; "we did not understand his motivation"; "he acted with the best of motives"
2. the condition of being motivated; "his motivation was at a high level"
3. the act of motivating; providing incentive

When looking upon the definition one clearly sees the reason for the action. The question is what if the reason is clear, but you don't feel it. I do something towards achieving an objective, but this objective might be define by a third person that can in turn provide yourself with an objective, something like do this for me because I can help you with that. This should obviously degrade the motivation, since it is a second tear motivation, right? Well not really, it really depends on how much you want something. At the end of the day you are motivated to do several things on different tear levels, but you do feel it, you see it, and this is what I ask. Is motivation a feeling or a logical thought? Because I see all the logical sense on what should motivate me, but that does not provide me with motivation.
It is a puzzle for me, how to trigger the feeling of motivation when, and this is the tricky part, you seem not to want anything? And don't get me wrong, I want things, but I don't crave for them, meaning if I don't get them, well it wont matter that much to me.
Which raises another question, if you don't bother you shouldn't so it, but in reality to be in this world and society you need to do stuff, even if you don't bother. Like most people don't bother about their job, but they still do it, the question is why? To live in this world one needs to take part in it, I guess, but where do you find the motivation to do so, if you can follow this reasoning? Well I don't know do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.