Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The dream job ("islandreefjob")

Well one of the posts i wanted to write for a while now, basically since I heard about it, has everybody in the world with a computer did.
So first of all the brilliance of the advertising move, I mean they had millions of applications in the first week, that means even more people checked it out... I am among the ones that didn't know about the place until I saw this add for the best job in the world. And in fact it seems to be the best job in the world, this is the sort of job that most people would do for free, so if you get 75.000 Euros out of it, well it is a nice bonus. I need to emphasize the brilliance of this move by the tourism office of the islands, it was on all news channels all across the globe, talk about free publicity, plus the place sells it self out, I mean who among you doesn't want to go there even if you have to pay for the trip? Of course not all of us can afford it, but that is the power of this add, the power of dreams...
Now that I covered the good, I would like to talk about what I thought of which it quite disturbing. Millions of applications, that is how happy we are with our lives? I mean this job asks you to drop your life and move leaving all behind, yes i know it is paradise, but I wonder how many people would apply if it was for 10 years, none? Well I think not, I think millions again, which makes you wonder if you are living the life you want, or simply the life you have... Well I guess all of us have dreams of simpler lives in a dream place, but why not act on these dreams? I for one, don't know the answer to this one, if you do, well just drop me a line...
Here are some videos for it...





Well, if you haven't and want to apply here is the link....

www.islandreefjob.com

No comments: