Thursday, June 5, 2008

Between the lines (Trigger to some thoughts)

Today I start quoting myself in a comment to a song...
"Some things are read between the lines, some are simply read, silence says more than simple words, but only if you are listening... The trick is how do you know for sure? People seek certainty, yet wish for the metaphor e of silence to interpreter as they see fit..."

This is a song to share, and I will, but first my thoughts...

The perfection of the unsaid, the perfect illusion in reality, the knowledge and certainty of something true, the truth of life, of acceptance, of completeness... The understanding of this can break or make you, it defines how you accept yourself in the world, the wild wonderer in disillusion, the perfect demon of temptation, the mutation of the undefined, the pragmatic tormented by its knowledge and understanding.
The reading between the lines is tricky because who speaks between the lines has leverage for mutating what was said, the perfection of a song can be destroyed by a good argument... It is so sad, I mean like someone else said "I don't believe in anything that you can't break...", and the fragility of things gives them beauty, the will to care for something beyond one self, the protection of what you know is too perfect to exist and yet there it is, for you, in a moment, in an instant you see it, you cherish it, you feel it, it is yours, but just between the lines...
Life has this irony, and I know I am being too sceptic, for those who do know me between the lines know what this scepticism means... The use of a concept to prove itself is always an art, you just need to personalise it slightly...
"Time to tell me the truth", how it starts, to communicate is to transmit in an understandable form a message, the thing is why is it so hard to understand people's real communications? I know I am an expert on this, but why is it so hard to be able to train oneself to this... This lack of being, this absense of magic... An engineer that dreams of a magic world, when you think about it, it is not that odd, the better understanding of the physical world pushes us towards the fantasy and potential of our imaginations...

Too much? Well I am sick, so I better hit the bed, the packing is done, tomorrow Portugal, and i didn't forget the Cascais photo ;)...

Here is the song, I am sure you will enjoy...

No comments: