Tuesday, August 11, 2009

White Shadows... Just something to think about...

Well two posts in one day seems strange, but I wanted to talk about this and it wasn't really related with the previous post, so a new post is my found solution.
I want to go through some words with you, feeling up for it? Well if not stop now ;P

When I was a young boy I tried to listen
And I wanna feel like that,
Little white shadows blink and miss them
Part of a system, I am

When I was a kid I used to look around me, more than listening I observed, I felt a bit like the odd one out, as a strange body in a blood stream where all bodies made sense, all had a purpose... The need for a purpose is a great part of who we are, or at least that is what I think. The need to feel it, not just know it, is what in fact makes us human, or my definition of human anyway... Don't get me wrong feeling is fundamentally human, however showing these feelings is strictly related to personality ;)
Time at the time seemed like a surreal concept for me, things and events made it so for me. All things that happen where radical, and erratic, thus I making me feel more out of place... However I was part of it...

If you ever feel like something's missing
Things you'll never understand,
Little white shadows sparkle and glisten,
Part of a system, a plan

And you think, and you reason, and you find answers and justifications for things, maybe stuff is missing, maybe you are simple too young to understand, I mean that was what people told me as answers too more complex questions... But was I really to young to understand, or simply too young to grasp all that was happening, all I need to capture and see... Could the master plan simply be elusive for a kid...

All this noise I'm waking up
All this space I'm taking up
All this sound is breaking up

The randomness of things that disturbed me... The questions, and questions, lack of reasons, the lack of insight...

Maybe you'll get what you wanted
Maybe you'll stumble upon it
Everything you ever wanted
In a permanent state

The "what ifs..." in my thought process, the scenarios, the possibilities, is there something I want? Perhaps I will realise it once I get it, or not, perhaps the answers is what I want, and time will give them to me...

Maybe you'll know when you see it
Maybe if you say it you'll mean it
And when you find it you'll keep it
In a permanent state, a permanent state

Maybe is the key word, it provides hope for the hopeless, provides possibilities for those who have none, but mainly the possibility for the dream of leaving this permanent state of not belonging...

When I was a young boy I tried to listen,
Don't you wanna feel like that?
You're part of the human race
All of the stars in the outer space,
Part of a system, a plan

All this noise I'm waking up
All this space I'm taking up
I cannot hear you're breaking up

Woaaooh

Maybe you'll get what you wanted
Maybe you'll stumble upon it
Everything you ever wanted
In a permanent state

Maybe you'll know when you see it
Maybe if you say it you'll mean it
And when you find it you'll keep it
In a permanent state, a permanent state

Swimmin' on a sea of faces
The tide of the human races, oh
An answer now is what I need
I see it in the new sun rising and
See it break on your horizon, oh
Come on love, stay with me

When I was a young boy... What about now? I am still that boy, wiser without wisdom, older without ageing (in my mind), truer without the truth, a real part of the system for other kids and yet still not belonging... Is this the truth? The system is simply the combination of non belonging parts together making it seem whole, look whole, a system made by individual humans that don't feel like they belong and yet form this completeness viewed from a kids eyes. The perfection of the imperfect joined together... Just something to think about...

No comments: