Friday, December 12, 2008

Students...

Well today I decided to let my frustrations of my PhD on the shelf and take on some grading of courseworks that have been in my desk for a while. Now i know I am technically still a student, as such I don't want to generalize too much the word student. Nevertheless I wanted to share some thoughts...
The first one is grading takes way longer than you expect, why? Well pretty much the most used word on my comments, why? Seriously I said on all the tutorial sessions, all decisions are valid just describe your reasoning behind it. Is that hard? Well I got quotes like "We decided this..." with no reasons like their decision was like a godsend. Trying to get what they mean, that is a major time killer, like I got a diagram with arrows pointing at nowhere, literally nowhere, do they even look at the shit they deliver?
I know, I was a student not that long ago, but was I that bad? honestly I know it is a cliche, but I sware that the level is going way down, or my country is different, or I don't know. Bare in mind this is MSI level coursework, seriously WTF? Another general comment I wish I could make to their face.
Before you think I am being mean, I am passing every single one of them, and out 6 probably giving 2 firsts (so the top grade), but still there is the frustration because they don't listen, or don't think, well maybe it is just me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

or maybe they dont have much time...
or they just dont care...